Skip to main content

Day One of the Nerdlution

Here's my first tweet of the day, it about sums it up...
I'm feeling inspired this morning and that's a great way to begin a Monday.


Later the same day...

It's now 7:34PM and I did it. I completed my three #nerdlutions. Whew! The moving goal wasn't as hard as I imagined. Short walk in the morning and a longer walk at night.


Leo after our walk....exhausted!

Please don't make me walk again!

Today is done. I wrote a lot! I'm amending my writing goal. Instead of thirty minutes, I'm going to commit to writing morning pages (at least 3) and a blog post a day. 

Reading...well, that's never hard. I did notice that I did lots more reading and much less TV watching. I snuck moments of reading all day long. It's all about the focus. 

Ahhh, I feel better having one day under my belt. It's inspiring reading everyone's tweets and hearing about progress made and struggles. The support is there and it's working! Day one down...49 to go. 


One day down...49 to go!

Comments

  1. Michelle,
    I love how you're counting down in your notebook and your little picks are great! Glad you're on your way! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea to count down! I just printed out a December and January calendar and am going to fill in my progress along the way. Love it! Hooray for Nerdlution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Michelle! Love the pictures. Have you roped your dog into this? Here's my day 1 working on day 2...http://jarhartz.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/nerdlution-day-1-the-mission-the-plan-the-ground-rules/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Your dog is so cute! I'm going to make a count down in my writing notebook! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Michelle! I love your countdown page! I want one too! And your dog is such a cutie! You can borrow my six year old lab any night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your visual!!! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh... I've been feeling so guilty about not writing more and here's a great challenge that I found last night #nerdlution. On Sunday I found a photo a day challenge for the month of December. I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Whatever Happened To...

Sharing this post on Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Do you ever wonder whatever happened to your students after the year you spend together? I imagine how my students are finding life...are they happy? Successful? Do they still read? Write? What is going on with them?   I taught fifth grade for eight years. Fifth grade was such a fun year to teach because the students were still young enough that school was something they loved and old enough that they could show some real signs of independence. Fifth grade is the oldest grade in our elementary schools, so the students enjoyed their final year before moving onto middle school and the challenges that came with that new adventure.  2007 was a tough year for me personally. My dad collapsed in September of that year and then died in March of that same school year. He lived thousands of miles away, so my mind was definitely unfocused that year...but that year, Catie was in my class.  Catie was a quiet stude...

Chasing My Dream

I'm doing it. I'm chasing my dream. I've always wanted to run writing retreats and workshops for people, but I've always been too scared to do anything about it...until now. I don't know what's changed...maybe I've changed. I'm not allowing the fear to stop me anymore. I've started Selah Writing Retreats.  The past couple of weeks I've been getting the business end in order. I thought I would hate that...I don't. It's scary, but I am surprising myself with how efficient I am. Yesterday I went to a bank to set up a bank account. The woman I met with was kind and helpful and so enthusiastic about my dream. My website is set up. I've done lots of work on it. I hope you stop by and let me know what you think. It's  selahwritingretreats.com . Balancing creative with business has been challenging but fun. Creating the website, getting a federal tax id, making business cards, planning dates... My favorite voxer group is called Butt Ki...

Saying Goodbye

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, & Anna for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at  Two Writing Teachers .  Today is the last day of sixth grade. My students will leave this classroom and they will magically turn into seventh graders. I am sad. We have to say goodbye. Goodbye to our time together. It turns out...I'm not good at saying goodbye. Emotions overwhelm me and I pull back...I want to be strong for them. Today I want to BE in the moment as much as possible. I want to talk with my students and remember our good times together. I want to pay attention to the final moments of our community. We created strong communities this year and we took care of each other.  They are ready. Summer is waiting. Seventh grade is waiting. They have written and read and created and communicated and grown every single day. I'm proud of each of my students. I ...