Skip to main content

TRUTH in my Spiritual Journey

Thanks to Holly for this link up and the motivation to write about my spiritual journey. Stop by Holly's blog and join us!

My post is late today...busy week with Back to School Night! (I'm so tempted to read the other posts, but I want to write mine before I do that!) 

I've been thinking about the word truth since the theme was announced. What is my truth in my spiritual journey? 

I believe in God. 
I believe in love and God's love for me. 
I believe that God has a plan.
I believe that everything happens for a reason. 

Those are my truths. The truths that guide my life.
Other than those statements, when I think about truth I am filled with questions instead of answers. 

Is truth absolute? Are there perspectives in truth? Can someone interpret truth? Is it possible for truth to be wrong? Can different interpretations, based on our lives, be true?!?! What is truth?

My mind spins with confusion and wondering...and then I remember that God is my truth. 

It's been a long day & a long week. I hope this post makes a little sense today....

Comments

  1. It makes total sense to me. God is truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can truth be wrong? Great questions here. I find it funny that two of your statements are total opposite for me. I do not believe in a plan or that everything happens for a reason. This may be counter to what you believe, but my experience tells me that reason and plans come when you are in a relationship with God. They are not random. Some people, for whatever reason, cannot know the plan or see the reason. Does this mean there is one, but they just don't know it? I don't think so. If I did, I would think that God only looks out for those of us who believe. I'm not sure if I am making any sense. As I said to Holly in response to her comment, I may have a whole blog post brewing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, you seem to have many of the same questions that I have. Some of these questions I think I need to wait to get to heaven before the answers are clear:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you speak for many of us, who believe in the truth of God, but still have so many questions about the rest.... Thank you for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that being human doesn't allow us to fully appreciate the truth of God's - which involves a lot of trust. He doesn't mind our questions as long as we continue the conversation with Him. Your thoughts are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Whatever Happened To...

Sharing this post on Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Do you ever wonder whatever happened to your students after the year you spend together? I imagine how my students are finding life...are they happy? Successful? Do they still read? Write? What is going on with them?   I taught fifth grade for eight years. Fifth grade was such a fun year to teach because the students were still young enough that school was something they loved and old enough that they could show some real signs of independence. Fifth grade is the oldest grade in our elementary schools, so the students enjoyed their final year before moving onto middle school and the challenges that came with that new adventure.  2007 was a tough year for me personally. My dad collapsed in September of that year and then died in March of that same school year. He lived thousands of miles away, so my mind was definitely unfocused that year...but that year, Catie was in my class.  Catie was a quiet stude...

Chasing My Dream

I'm doing it. I'm chasing my dream. I've always wanted to run writing retreats and workshops for people, but I've always been too scared to do anything about it...until now. I don't know what's changed...maybe I've changed. I'm not allowing the fear to stop me anymore. I've started Selah Writing Retreats.  The past couple of weeks I've been getting the business end in order. I thought I would hate that...I don't. It's scary, but I am surprising myself with how efficient I am. Yesterday I went to a bank to set up a bank account. The woman I met with was kind and helpful and so enthusiastic about my dream. My website is set up. I've done lots of work on it. I hope you stop by and let me know what you think. It's  selahwritingretreats.com . Balancing creative with business has been challenging but fun. Creating the website, getting a federal tax id, making business cards, planning dates... My favorite voxer group is called Butt Ki...

Saying Goodbye

Thank you to Stacey, Betsy, Dana, Tara, Beth, & Anna for this amazing platform to write and share writing! What a wonderful community you've created! I'm honored to be part of it. Join us at  Two Writing Teachers .  Today is the last day of sixth grade. My students will leave this classroom and they will magically turn into seventh graders. I am sad. We have to say goodbye. Goodbye to our time together. It turns out...I'm not good at saying goodbye. Emotions overwhelm me and I pull back...I want to be strong for them. Today I want to BE in the moment as much as possible. I want to talk with my students and remember our good times together. I want to pay attention to the final moments of our community. We created strong communities this year and we took care of each other.  They are ready. Summer is waiting. Seventh grade is waiting. They have written and read and created and communicated and grown every single day. I'm proud of each of my students. I ...