Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Decision Fatigue


I live in perpetual decision fatigue. The more decisions I make, the less I wonder or wander. I feel less creative. OK, that may be a slight exaggeration but there is some truth to it. When I approach my creative endeavors, I struggle with making decisions and I flounder in an ocean of questions, like:

Which path do I take?
Which project do I start with?
Which font do I use?
What colors go together?
What's next? 
When should I start? 
What if...?

This is where things start to go downhill. The "What if...?" questions signal to me that Fear has entered the room. 

 Today, I just push through. I remind Fear that I'm in charge and I politely ask it to leave me alone now. 


When that doesn't work, I write. Writing about the creative process helps me work through it...which is what this post is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I love comments!